Monday, September 13, 2010

The family that smells each others armpits...

This morning I went to work and Vivi stayed home with Doug. I realized part way through the morning that I forgot to put deoderant on (you know how it is when you get out of routine, right?). Sorry all the folks at the Y, but I don't think it got too bad. Anyway, when I got home, Vivi and Doug had been playing all morning and when I went to give Doug a hug, he said "uh, I haven't showered yet today."

"I can't smell you, I don't care. Give me a hug," I said.

"Are you sure? Smell me," he said.

So he lifted his arm and I did. Honestly, not an uncommon sight in our house. I did what any good wife does, and stuck my nose in his armpit. Honestly, honestly: the only reason I do it at all is because he rarely smells bad to me.

Anyway, so I said I wanted a hug and he said something like "well, you forgot to put deoderant on today, so maybe I don't want to hug you." So what did I say?

"Smell me..." I said as I lifted my arm. Apparently, he did understand the reciprocal nature of this deal, but he refused nonetheless.
All of this occurred as I'm holding Vivi. We both laughed and not wanting to leave Vivi out, I said to her "Your turn!"
And what did she do?! She lifted up her arm so Doug could stick his nose in her armpit. She smelled like a rose of course :) Doug and I both cracked up. So I concluded that the family that smells eachothers armpits stays together!

This past weekend we took Vivi to Pullman for her first Cougs game in Martin Stadium. We had a ton of fun as you can see from the pics! She's definitely a future Coug!

2 comments:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

That's really gross and funny at the same time :) I think you came to the correct conclusion!
Also, the pics are very cute!

Vanessa said...

lol doesn't everyone do that? they just don't admit it :)