Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Teen Mom

I recently started watching the show 'Teen Mom' on MTV and it makes me so appreciative of the choices I made, mostly as a result of the gospel in my life. Being a new mom, I know how hard it is and I cannot imagine going through all that and dealing with the additional challenges of being a teen without an education, an unstable relationship (or non-relationship), and/or unsupportive family. As one girl tried to find the options she had just to get her high school diploma, she realized her options were almost 0 and she'd have to get her GED; she started crying and said 'It's my fault, I screwed up my own life.' It would be so hard for me to feel the most amount of love for my child knowing that 'I screwed up my own life.'

These girls are trying to balance still being a teen, money issues, raising their child, and more. It makes me soooo grateful that I had the gospel in my life and that I knew the purpose of the higher laws and standards.

No comments: